Fiber Optic Sensor Mounting

I am trying to design a bracket for a machine that supports a threaded Diffused Fiber Optic Sensor. I need to know if the end of the sensor can be recessed into the bracket or if it must protrude outside. I am hoping to use the bracket to protect the glass end of the sensor.

I have not been able to find any information on the installation.
The sensor I am using is a Keyence FU-66.

Thanks for any assistance

G

GeneralTiger4

A fiber optic sensor is a sensor that converts the state of a measured object into a measurable optical signal. The working principle of the optical fiber sensor is to send the light beam incident from the light source to the modulator via the optical fiber, and interact with the measured parameters in the modulator to make the optical properties of the light such as the intensity, wavelength, frequency, phase, polarization state, etc. of the light. The change is made into a modulated optical signal, which is then sent to the optoelectronic device through the optical fiber and passed through the demodulator to obtain the measured parameter. Throughout the process, the light beam is introduced through the optical fiber and then emitted through the modulator. The function of the optical fiber is first to transmit the light beam, and secondly to function as a light modulator.
Sensor model (PD15-21B/TR8):

https://www.allicdata.com/product/S...-Sensors-Photodiodes/PD15-21BTR8/2818061.html