SRV GCV Drawings for Plug/Seat/Gasket

J

jaafer

Dear All;

I would like to get SRV/GCV inside drawing, internal detail spare parts, Plug/seat/Gasket replacement procedure for frame 5 GE gas turbine.

Thanks

<b>Moderator's Note:</b> This post came in after the one above. It seems to be the explanation/rationale for the previous request.

GCV/SRV valves of our gas turbines have never been overhauled since last 10 years. Operation of these valves is very smooth so far. We are very much concerned of their preventive maintenance.

Should we proceed for the preventive maintenance and then calibration? What special arrangements for their overhauling.

Regards,

Depending on who the packager of the GE-design Frame 5 heavy duty gas turbine you are working on you can most likely find the drawings you are looking for in the Operations & Service (Maintenance) Manuals provided with the unit.

If you have the combined SRV & GCV assembly (both valves in a single cast housing) it was mostly manufactured by Young & Franklin, in the USA (www.yf.com). Every time I've needed to deal with Young & Franklin for one of their products they have been very helpful and accommodating. If you can be prepared for their questions (assembly model number; unit serial number; etc.) they can probably get you some information via email very quickly. Somewhere on the assembly that is not too inaccessible you should be able to find the assembly part number cast or stamped into the metal. I think I have seen the part number even stamped on the top edge of the SRV inlet flange on some assemblies. They may even have a parts and/or service distributor in your part of the world who can help.

In general, these assemblies are pretty robust. As long as the fuel is clean they usually hold up very well.

Parts should be readily available.

If you remove the assembly and take it to a shop for disassembly and refurbishment (whether at your site or at a remote shop), it will be necessary to remove the servo-valves and the gas fuel stop valve solenoid (20FG-1) and the LVDTs, which will all have to be re-installed once the assembly is returned and re-installed. Take LOTS of pictures before you remove anything, and during removal.

Hope this helps--and write back to let us know how you fare in accomplishing this task!